Shop Our Flowers In Des Moines, IA
Flower Facts About Des Moines, IA
The state flower of Iowa is Wild prairie rose.
The state flower is Oak.
Iowa is known for it’s vibrant flowers, including:
- Coneflower – A native prairie wildflower with vibrant purple petals and a distinctive cone-shaped center.
- Black-eyed Susan – A cheerful yellow flower with a dark center that blooms throughout the summer months.
- Wild rose – A fragrant and delicate pink flower that is the state flower of Iowa.
- Purple prairie clover – A tall and slender flower with long purple spikes that attract butterflies and bees.
- Prairie smoke – A unique flower with feathery, pinkish-red blossoms that add whimsical beauty to the landscape.
Some of our favorite attractions in Des Moines, IA include:
- Iowa State Capitol: The Iowa State Capitol building is not only the seat of government but also a prominent tourist attraction. Visitors can explore the beautiful architecture, take guided tours, and learn about Iowa’s history and government.
- Des Moines Art Center: This renowned art museum features a diverse collection of modern and contemporary artwork, including paintings, sculptures, and mixed-media pieces. Visitors can appreciate the stunning displays and participate in various educational programs and workshops.
- Pappajohn Sculpture Park: Located in the heart of downtown Des Moines, the Pappajohn Sculpture Park showcases an impressive collection of contemporary sculptures by renowned artists. Visitors can stroll through the park and enjoy the unique artwork displayed in a beautiful outdoor setting.
- Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden: This botanical garden is a must-visit for nature enthusiasts. It features a wide variety of plants from around the world, including tropical and desert plants, orchids, and bonsai trees. The garden also offers educational programs, events, and seasonal exhibits.
- Science Center of Iowa: Perfect for families and science enthusiasts, the Science Center of Iowa offers interactive exhibits, hands-on activities, and educational programs. Visitors can explore various scientific concepts through exhibits on space, physics, biology, and technology, as well as enjoy the IMAX theater and planetarium shows.
Can I order flowers for delivery in Des Moines?
Yes, ordering flowers for delivery in Des Moines has never been easier. With a range of online platforms and local florists available in Iowa County, you can easily select your desired bouquet and have it delivered to your loved one’s doorstep. Whether it’s for a special occasion or just to brighten someone’s day, Des Moines’s flower delivery services are always ready to assist.
We work with florists in these neighborhoods and more:
With a variety of flowers and arrangements to choose from, you can customize your order to suit the occasion and personal preferences. From roses to lilies, tulips to sunflowers, there’s something for everyone in Des Moines’s flower market.
Here are just a few of the zip codes we service: 50309, 50310, 50311, 50312, 50313, 50314, 50315, 50316, 50317, 50319, 50320, 50321, 50322, 50327, 50391, 50392
Do you offer Same-Day Flower Delivery?
Yes, in most cases we offer same day delivery for special events like anniversaries, weddings, and get-well-soon bouquets. Understanding the importance of timely delivery, especially for last-minute orders, we prioritize ensuring that your flowers reach their destination on the same day if ordered within a specific timeframe.
Same-day delivery is a testament to our commitment to customer satisfaction. We understand that sometimes, moments and emotions can’t wait, and we strive to make those moments as special as possible with our prompt service.
Do you partner with local florists in Des Moines, Iowa?
Yes, we have an extensive network of florists in Des Moines. Partnering with local florists not only ensures the freshness and quality of the flowers but also supports local businesses. Our collaborations with these talented florists allow us to offer a wide range of unique and beautiful arrangements tailored to the Des Moines community’s tastes and preferences.